Qatar promised to make a $15 billion direct investment in Turkey, badly hit by a currency crisis amid a widening diplomatic standoff with the United States.
- Qatar Promises $15bn Investment in Turkey
- Foreign Tourists Get Surprise Bonanza from Turkey Woes
- Erdogan: Turkey to ‘Boycott’ US Electronic Goods
- Erdogan Accuses US of Seeking to Stab Turkey ‘in the Back’
- Turkish Lira Sinks After Trump Doubles Tariffs on Turkey
- Turkey, US Fail to Reach Accord Over Detained Pastor Brunson
- Turkish Lawyers Seek Arrest of US Troops in Incirlik Base Over ‘Links to Gulen’
- Four Bridges Collapse, Hundreds Stranded As Floods Sweep Northern Turkish City
- After Weeks of Wrangling, Turkey’s CHP Will Not Hold Convention
- Turkish, US Officials Discuss Bilateral Ties, Pastor Brunson
The collapse of the Turkish lira has caused trauma as Turks see their purchasing power slashed, but bargain-hunting foreign tourists are cashing in on a currency windfall.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan accused the United States of seeking to stab Turkey "in the back" over a diplomatic row sparked by a pastor's detention.
The Turkish lira sank further against the U.S. dollar, standing 6.43 after U.S. President Donald J. Trump doubled tariffs on aluminum and steel from Turkey. As the lira crashes, President Erdogan said Turkey is under an economic war.
Turkey and the U.S. failed to reach an accord on Pastor Andrew Brunson after talks between the Turkish and U.S. officials in Washington on Wednesday, most likely paving the way for further potential sanctions by the White House against Ankara.
An association of Turkish lawyers seeks the arrest of a group of American troops based in Incirlik Air Base in the southern province of Adana over alleged ties to Gulen movement designated as a terrorist organization by the Turkish government.
An association of Turkish lawyers seeks the arrest of a group of American troops based in Incirlik…
The Turkish lira sank further against the U.S. dollar, standing 6.43 after U.S. President Donald J.…
Mesut Ozil's high-profile resignation has created a political storm in Germany and provided a…